Saturday, July 5, 2008

The nursery is finished!






Today we finally finished the nursery. Well pretty much. I still need to find some kind of window treatment and the baseboards need to be put in, but hey it's pretty much done. :) I used a few gift cards we received from very generous friends and bought the last of the decorative items. We got the pictures hung, the glider set up, washed and put away all the clothing and bedding, and now we are just waiting on our little bundle of joy to get here so we can put all this cuteness to good use. Overall I'm very pleased with how the room turned out. Sometimes what I picture in my mind is nothing like the finished product, but this one wasn't too bad. Thank you to my mom who spent many painstaking hours painting the tedious lattice work on the main wall. Thank you to Stacy who helped me pick out the shelves. Thank you Ken's family for the beautiful comfy glider. I already sit in it just to relax. lol Thank you most of all to my wonderful hubby who hung the shelves, installed the beautiful flooring, hung the frames, set up the glider, and for not fussing too much when I snuck some pink in the room. I hope our little girl grows to love this room. I can't wait for her to get here! Just under 3 weeks until the due date!!!!

No comments:

A place where I share all of my ideas on faith, healthy living, and family.