I'm not exactly what you would call trendy or a fashionista. Ok, who am I kidding? Let's just be real here. I still wear a lot of clothes that I wore in high school. ::hangs head in shame:: The problem is that I just hate spending money. Sometimes I'm too cheap for my own good. I go shopping maybe once a year and even then, I usually get just a few quality items that I know will last a while. I always see people wearing cute scarves and accessories and wish that I were "cool" enough to pull certain looks off. Well I decided I'm never going to be "cool" and I'm probably never going to be "rich" enough to go on gigantic shopping sprees so I'll just do a good job of faking it. Here's where my tutorial comes in.
You take an old XL/XXL t-shirt of your husband's or your own.
Cut right under the armpit all the way across. Also cut off the bottom sewn edge.
Then STRETCH STRETCH STRETCH. See what I mean? Nerdy...I just can't help it. lol
Soon your edges will roll up like this. NO SEWING! WHOOT!
THAT'S IT!!!!
Wait you thought there was more? Nope sorry.
Ok ok I'll show you some pics on how to wear them.
Basic loop. Just put around your neck. I mean, we're not talking rocket science here folks.
Um...hello high school senior pictures! HA!
Double loop: Twist and put it around your neck a second time.
Take two scarves and twist them together. Then do the double loop.
And there you have it. As many scarves as your little heart desires for FREE! Woo hoo! You know you have old t-shirts taking up space in your closet. Go ahead, grab some scissors and get to it. You can even take the scrap bottom edge that you cut off and make some cute t-shirt flowers using this method. Pin them onto your scarves for an even cuter look. But then again, what do I know about fashion!? :)

2 comments:
What a great idea! I mean, I'm not really into scarves...but I'm tempted to find a really warm looking type shirt from the thrift store...and make my own scarf for this winter, since I am in need of one. Course, I suppose I could also persuade myself to wander through a fabric store and purchase a small amount of fleece and easily make a scarf that way too. But I bet you my girls would LOVE to do this as a craft some time!
You are adorable Tara. I love how you are so creative!!
Post a Comment