I can hardly believe that my sweet little girl turned four this week. When I think about how quickly these past four years have gone, it brings tears to my eyes. Now I'll be the first to admit, I did not enjoy the first year and a half of her life. My little baby girl could be described as clingy, grumpy, fearful and timid. She was a horrible sleeper and didn't like to go to other people. I was scared....scared that my kid would be one of those anti-social children that never wanted to be around other people. I felt trapped as a parent because she was so shy and scared of other people that I had to be with her ALL THE TIME. It was an exhausting time in my life. Now those exhausting moments seem like a million miles away when I look at my now confident, sweet, social, and loving little girl. She has the kindest heart, but is not afraid to stand up for herself when one of her big friends (aka teenagers in our youth group) picks on her. She's hilarious, smart, and has an imagination out of this world. I actually LIKE my kid and enjoy spending time with her. The girl who would once cower when someone would talk to her, now jumps up on stage at our church and enthusiastically sings a VBS song with the other kids. Bailey is a true joy and one of my greatest blessings from the Lord. He has made her so special and I praise Him for his sweet design.
This sweet little girl is a girly girl though, that knows what she wants. She requested a Hello Kitty party this year. We actually she originally requested a Chipmunks party and a laptop, but later decided she didn't really want that. Oh dear. I loved the Hello Kitty theme. Adorable and simple. We had a simple party with some family to celebrate our big four year old. Here are some pictures from the party.
Waiting for her guests to arrive. Posing with Nana!
"Take a picture with my doggy, Mom!" Both smiling. :)
Hello Kitty favor bags: Made my yours truly. Inspired by
these.
Pictures of Bailey throughout the year. Wow she has grown so much!
Cake table
Watermelon on a stick. Thanks Pinterest!
The girls posing in their headbands. Cutie pies.
Four candles takes a lot of breath!
Messy little brother
Opening presents dressed in one of my old ballet recital dresses. Ahhh memories.
Cousins!
Mom and me
Daddy and the birthday girl playing with toys after everyone had left. Notice the fake smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment