Monday, October 17, 2011

30 Day Challenge- Week 3

I don't have pictures of my receipts.  I can't find them.  Sorry folks. 

What I bought

romaine lettuce, baby bella mushrooms, yellow pepper, green pepper, gallon organic milk, cheddar cheese, bacon, purple cabbage, 2 apples, strawberries, natural peanut butter, green olives, black olives, kalamata olives, carrots, red grapes, 7 bananas, frozen strawberries, eggs, garlic bulb

14.77 Goeke produce
23.09 Schnucks
37.86 Total spent
11.70 prior meat purchase
49.56 TOTAL


This week I got a TON of produce and most of it was locally grown, which I love!  I always forget about a little store close to my house, Goeke Produce.  I was reminded by a friend this week that their prices were great so I thought I would check it out.  They were right!  I got probably double this week what I normally get in produce because of the great prices.  Some of my wonderful finds were baby bella mushrooms for .50, 2 peppers for .50, locally grown apples for .89/lb, .29 for garlic.  I would have gotten more but I knew it would be wasted since we were going to be out of town on the weekend.  I'll definitely be going back next week though.  Schnucks also has some good sales this week as well.  Bacon was $2.50, carrots $1.00, olives and natural peanut butter on sale also.  I hardly ever use coupons because they rarely ever have them for produce so I highly depend on sale items to stock my pantry and fridge. 

What we ate

Breakfasts:  pumpkin muffins, eggs, bacon, scratch pancakes, smoothies

Lunches:  leftovers, salads

Snacks:  peanut butter,  strawberries, grapes, cheese, bananas, plantain chips, raisins

Baby food:  avocado, apples, bananas

Dinners:


 Monday
Tacos with homemade whole grain tortillas and homemade taco seasoning, lettuce, salsa, cheese, and avocado.  What's not to like about tacos?  One of my favorite meals!
 Tuesday
Tapenade porkchops, greens and carrots.  I really liked this meal.  Filling, different, and easy.

Wednesday
Quick stir fry with purple cabbage, peppers, mushrooms, cauliflower, chicken from the freezer and garlic and tamari.  It looks unappetizing and it was.  I choked down a plateful, took Ken his to church and he only ate a few bites.  Bailey wouldn't touch it.  We had a punch card for a free Little Ceasar's pizza and picked up one on the way home.  Bad I know. 





Thursday
Leftover porkchops for Ken and me, scratch pancakes and eggs for Bailey


Friday-Sunday
On the road for a wedding.  The only meal we ate at home was breakfast Friday morning.

No comments:

A place where I share all of my ideas on faith, healthy living, and family.