Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What we ate: February


Again this was over several weeks of some meals that we ate.  I didn't take pictures of everything because I am a slacker these days.  We also ate a lot of meals with other people as well as some dinners out.  Hope this gives you some inspiration for how to feed your family real food on a budget.  What did you eat?  I love ideas from other people!  Please share in the comments.

BBQ chicken bacon pizza.  Made with leftover chicken and homemade whole grain crust.

Roasted chicken, quick sauteed greens with onions, and mashed potatoes.


 Chicken parm sandwiches with kale chips.  An easy and quick meal that everyone liked.  Chicken strips cooked on the stove in coconut oil.  Topped with a quick tomato sauce, parm and mozzarella cheese all on a sprouted 7 grain bun.


Chicken fajitas made with leftover roasted chicken, peppers, onions, and mexican spices.  Quick and soooo good!


 Red beans and rice.  My momma's recipe.  Quick and delicious.  Sausage, garlic, onions, jalepeno, garlic, chicken broth, and red beans served over rice.

Broiled trout (caught by our neighbor), sweet potatoes roasted in coconut oil, and buttered peas


Homemade sloppy joes on a sprouted grain bun, homemade macaroni and cheese.  I substituted a little honey for the brown sugar in the sloppy joes and red peppers for green pepper since that's what I had on hand.


No comments:

A place where I share all of my ideas on faith, healthy living, and family.