Friday, December 9, 2011
Creamy Tomato Soup (crockpot)
This was a new recipe that I tried and brought to a church potluck. Everyone liked it and several wanted the recipe so I thought I would post it on here so they could reference it. I like an easy crockpot meal so I will definitely be trying this again.
Creamy Tomato Soup
Ingredients
28 oz. diced tomatoes (try not to use canned tomatoes if at all possible due to BPA)
1 small onion diced
1-2 stalks of celery diced
1-2 large carrots diced
4 cups chicken broth (homemade is best)
1 T basil
8oz cream (raw from grassfed cows is best)
1- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
Freshly grated parm cheese for topping
Combine tomatoes, onion, celery, carrots and chicken broth in crockpot. Cook on low 8 hours or high for 5 until veggies are soft. Strain out tomatoes and veggies and some broth and puree in blender until smooth. You can puree all of it for a smoother soup or puree half for a semi-chunky soup. I left a few chunks. Pour back into crockpot and add basil, cream and salt. Cook for another hour. Top with a generous portion of grated parmesan cheese when serving.
Adapted from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A place where I share all of my ideas on faith, healthy living, and family.
No comments:
Post a Comment