Ok, this list may seem like I've gone off the deep end to most of you. In my quest for real food, I have stumbled upon the Weston A. Price Foundation. It's a non profit organization committed to helping others find good nutrition. Their philosophy is the closest to what I believe is true good nutrition. Most of my goals will be in accordance to the practices that they teach. They primarily teach how to get back to "wise traditions", the way people used to eat back before modern conveniences changed us into unhealthy, fatigued, overweight, diseased people. We have already switched over to a whole food diet with little processed foods, but I've learned so much on how we can improve after doing some digging. So without further adieu, here are our household family dietary goals for the upcoming year. I'm excited and will inform you on how we are doing on each of these throughout the year.
Buy less in the grocery store and more from farmers. It's fresher, tastes better, supports local farmers and is better for us.
Buy a quarter grass fed cow, half grass fed hog, and 10 organic pastured chickens, and a dozen pastured eggs (weekly).
Buy raw milk from grass fed cows.
Start taking fermented cod liver oil daily.
Eat more liver and more salmon.
Eat more fermented foods.
Grow more in our garden than we currently do.
Can a significant amount of produce this year. (I say I'm going to every year but never get around to it.)
Reduce grain consumption and soak, sprout or ferment the ones we do consume.
Get Bailey allergy tested and work on healing her damaged gut.
No comments:
Post a Comment