Friday, December 30, 2011
Spicy honey chicken
This meal is a family crowd pleaser for young and old alike. It's quick, easy, and the results are tasty. Although it's not the most gourmet meal I've ever made, it's one that we will make regularly because of it's simplicity. The name says it's spicy, and for some it may be, but not really for us. My three year old even ate it with no complaints. The red pepper just gives it a kick. I'm not including measurements on the spices because it's totally up to your personal tastes but don't be afraid to liberally season. If Chicken is pretty bland by itself and can take a lot of seasoning. If you like spice, add more red pepper. If you aren't crazy about spice, only add a bit, but don't skip it. The honey butter sauce adds a great sweet balance to the spiciness of the chicken. I like to stretch my meat a little more, so I always slice mine instead of giving one person an entire breast. It always goes further if it's sliced. Hope you like this one.
Spicy honey chicken
3-4 chicken breasts (3 large breasts fed 3 adults and a 3 year old) Pastured chicken is best
sea salt
black pepper
garlic powder
red pepper
4 tbs butter (from grassfed cows is best: I use Kerrygold)
2 tbs honey (raw local is best)
2 tbs filtered water
Melt 2 T of butter over medium heat in stainless steal skillet. Do not use a non-stick. Liberally season one side of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic, and red pepper. Place season side down in the pan. Season other side. Let cook for 4-5 minutes until brown. Flip and cook other side. After chicken is cooked through, remove from pan and let rest. Add remaining 2 T of butter to the pan, honey and water. The water will deglaze the pan. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up bits from the pan. Cook a few minutes until sauce is reduced and begins to thicken. Slice chicken breasts on the diagonal and drizzle honey sauce on top.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A place where I share all of my ideas on faith, healthy living, and family.
No comments:
Post a Comment