Total spent at Whole Foods: $125 (rounded up) Again, highest quality food I can buy: all organic produce, sprouted bread, nitrate free bacon, organic pastured eggs, grass fed dairy.
Total average cost per person per meal (3 people): $1.98
Breakfasts: eggs(pastured), bacon (nitrate free), soaked oatmeal, smoothies, sprouted spelt toast with grassfed butter, fruit, grain free coffee cake
Lunches: leftovers, taco salads, cottage cheese, fruit, homemade yogurt, carrot sticks, peanut butter
Dinners:
Monday:
Unstuffed cabbage casserole. This was really good. Ground beef, onions, garlic, strained tomatoes, riced cauliflower topped with cabbage and more tomato sauce mixture.
Tuesday:
Chicken tenders with alfredo sauce, buttered carrots, and sauted green beans. Whoa baby! I love alfredo sauce and I could probably eat it every day. This was a yummy way to still enjoy my beloved alfredo sauce without the carb heavy and processed pasta.
Wednesday:
Zuppa Toscana A simple meal and a great way to get in kale and homemade chicken stock. It's a tad spicy though so if you don't like spice, hold back a little on the red pepper flakes.
Thursday: It snowed and we were feeling particularly lazy. We had a gift card for a free Papa John's pizza. Definitely not real food nor healthy but hey, it filled the bellies. Everyone slips up every once in a while. :)
Friday: Still feeling lazy in the food department. We had a large late lunch and were out at Lowe's until late looking at toilets. Sorry for the TMI. This is real food that we eat when we don't feel like cooking. I had cottage cheese, avocado and fruit (not pictured). Ken and Bailey had similar things but I can't really remember specifically.
Saturday:
Liver, red skinned mashed potatoes, and green beans. NOT a huge fan of liver but we're trying to eat more of it because it's one of the most nourishing foods you can eat. HELP!!! What's a good way to fix it? The initial taste isn't bad but the weird aftertaste and texture as I chew gets to me.
Sunday:
Breakfast. Whole grain pancakes with grassfed butter and real maple syrup, eggs, and bacon. No vegetables but still nourishing. We had huge salads for lunch if that makes any difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment