This week's meals definitely showcases why I love just eating "real food." We've lost weight eating whatever we wanted to without counting calories, limiting fat, and eating "health food." You don't have to eat dry salad and sacrifice tasty food every night to be healthy. Just cook real food using healthier ingredients instead of processed junk.
Total spent at Whole Foods: $143 (rounded up) This is buying the highest quality I could get: all produce organic, grass-fed/pastured meats, organic sprouted bread, and organic dairy from grassfed animals.
Total average cost per person per meal (based on 3 people): Approximately $2.25
Breakfasts: eggs, uncured bacon, sprouted toast with grassfed butter, soaked oatmeal, smoothies
Lunches: Leftovers, grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches, salads
Dinners:
Monday:
Beef pot roast with gravy, mashed potatoes and carrots. Sooo good! We all loved it.
Tuesday:
Salmon with Sriracha cream sauce based on this recipe, roasted green cabbage slices, and roasted butternut squash roasted in coconut oil. Super yummy. Bailey even tried a little of everything and she says fish smells disgusting. :) She ate quite a bit of the cabbage "noodles".
Wednesday:
Soup made out of the leftover pot roast from Monday. I took this to potluck at church.
Thursday:
Cheeseburger Sliders, buffalo chicken dip, salad, and homemade brownies. We had the college students from our church over last minute and this is what I served. In all the rush, I forgot to take a picture.
Friday:
Roasted broccoli cheddar soup from this site. It was good but not exactly what I was hoping for. The flavor was excellent but the consistency was a bit off. It wasn't quite smooth enough or something and kind of clumped up. Maybe I messed up the recipe, I don't know. Like I said though, it tasted great.
Saturday:
Chicken enchiladas from my own made up recipe. I want to share this recipe with you one day, but I still need to tweak it. I just love enchiladas. These were made out of my own whole wheat tortillas, which I soaked overnight. The sauce is also from scratch and couldn't be easier. Can't wait to share this recipe soon, because they are certainly tasty.
Sunday: Leftovers. We had plenty left so I wanted to get them all eaten up. Plus I love one day when I don't have to cook.
No comments:
Post a Comment