Saturday, August 13, 2011

Line drying

Summer brings so many fun things: cookouts, swimming, boating, ice cream, gardens, etc. I just love the summer but this summer has been record-breaking for one thing--THE HEAT! It's been so hot that we have barely been outside at all the past few weeks, which I hate. We've been cooped up indoors with the a/c CRANKED! I don't know about you all but when we opened the electric bill this month, it was enough to cause a mild stroke. Time for some changes around the Buss household. Lights turned off when not in use, appliances unplugged, more uncooked meals, and probably my most favorite line drying our clothes. Today I had a small mountain of clothes to wash, seriously like 7 loads and I resolved to not dry one of them in the dryer. They all went outside on the clothesline. There's just something about freshly cleaned clothes dried outdoors that just makes me happy. I don't know if it's the smell, the lowered utility bill, or the fact that I like feeling like I'm going back in time to a simpler time. It's probably all three. Plus there are so many other benefits to line drying. It makes clothes last longer, helps prevent static cling, and helps bleach out your whites naturally. Anyway, try it for yourself. Get outside and dry those clothes. Give your dryer a break and take advantage of the heat outdoors.

No comments:

A place where I share all of my ideas on faith, healthy living, and family.