Smoothies are one of the most easy, quick, portable breakfasts or snacks that you can make. They are healthy and you can put just about anything in them making them very versatile to suit everyone's tastes. This one is our typical "pink" smoothie: strawberry banana. I also add spinach to just about every smoothie I make to get more veggies in. You can't really taste it but it just boosts the health content up even more. I like my smoothies on the thicker side so I use frozen fruit. If you are using fresh fruit and you like a thicker consistency too, use some ice as well. If you use a lot of frozen fruit and it seems to thick for your taste, add a little water to thin it out. I also rarely use any kind of sweetener because the banana sweetens it up but if you don't have banana and it seems a little tart for your taste you can use a little honey or stevia. Here is my basic recipe but you can customize it to fit your needs. Some other smoothie ingredients are mango, blueberries, blackberries, nut butter, raspberries, coconut milk, etc.
Pink smoothie
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup plain yogurt( I prefer either Greek or my homemade
1 cup loosely packed baby spinach
Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Add ice if you desire a thicker consistency and water for a thinner consistency.
No comments:
Post a Comment