Monday, September 12, 2011

Slow cooker chicken taco meat

Doesn't that look pretty! Looks like it took a while doesn't it? NOPE! Ten minutes tops of work on my part. The crockpot did the rest. This was a complete experiment and I was pleased with the results. I used this chicken to make chicken tostadas (sprouted corn tortillas in the toaster oven, topped with lettuce, chicken, cheese, salsa, and sour cream). I really wanted quacamole on it but didn't have any avocados on hand. :( You can also use it to put on salads, tacos, taco lettuce cups, quesadillas, etc. It was a quick and easy weeknight meal.

Ingredients
3 small thawed chicken breasts (I put mine in frozen but I wouldn't recommend it. You'll end up with scum to scrape off. Ewww)
1 partially drained can of Rotel or tomatoes with chilis
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Directions
Dump chicken and tomatoes in the crockpot. Cook on low for 5-8 hours. Shred with fork. Add seasonings, stir, cook for about another 20 minutes. Eat!

Note: You might be able to dump everything in at one time but I didn't try it. If you experiment with this, let me know.

No comments:

A place where I share all of my ideas on faith, healthy living, and family.